Gmail is a popular email service provided by Google. It allows you to have one main email account, but you can also add multiple other email addresses to that account. This is useful if you have multiple email addresses that you want to check and manage from one place, or if you want to send emails using different email addresses without having to log out and log back in to different accounts.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to add multiple email addresses to your Gmail account:
- Log in to your Gmail account using your main email address and password.
- Once you are logged in, you will see a gear icon on the top right corner of the page. Click on that gear icon and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- A new page will open with a list of different options. Look for the “Accounts and Import” tab and click on it.
- On the “Accounts and Import” tab, you will see a section called “Send mail as”. Click on the “Add another email address” button.
- A new window will pop up, asking you to enter the email address you want to add. Enter the email address you want to add and click on “Send Verification”.
- If you are adding different domain email other than gmail account, Then next window will ask for the SMTP server, username and password for the email address you are adding. SMTP server is the server that sends your email, you can find it by searching it on google or checking with your email provider. Enter the SMTP server, username and password. Click on “Add Account”.
- SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is a protocol used to send and receive email messages over the internet. It is typically used to send messages from an email client, such as Microsoft Outlook or Apple Mail, to an email server, and from the server to the recipient’s email client.The SMTP server typically requires a username and password for authentication, and may also use encryption for added security. You can refer to the email providers support documentation for more details on SMTP configurations.
- You will receive a verification email to the email address you’ve just added. Follow the instructions in that email to verify that you own that email address.
- Once you have verified the email address, it will be added as an alias to your main Gmail account. Now you can use this new email address to send emails from your Gmail account.
- When you compose a new mail, you will see a From field there, switch the from address to the email address you want to send the mail from and then send the mail.
Keep in mind that this process can be repeated for as many email addresses as you want to add to your Gmail account. This way, you can easily switch between different email addresses and manage all of your emails in one place.